D/A Converter/Headphone Amplifier/SD Player
Portability and Pure Musicality for Lovers of Hi-Res Music
The DAC-HA300 is the first DAC/headphone amplifier to support 192 kHz/24-bit Hi-Res PCM and 5.6 MHz DSD playback via iOS and Android devices using a Lightning or On-the-Go USB cables and our free HF Player app. Whether you love the extra detail and clarity of next-generation audio formats, or just want to make compressed files sound better, the DAC-HA300’s acclaimed MUSES8920 op-amp, fully discrete push-pull output stage, and high-end PCMI795 digital-to-analog converter bring music alive with breathtaking realism.
This device also accepts microSD cards filled with music, and together with its compact size, makes it a versatile and highly portable all-in-one Hi-Fi player when you’re on the move. Thanks to a durable lithium-ion battery, you can expect up to seven hours of playtime between charges. For desktop use, there’s a Micro USB Type-B input to enable asynchronous D/A conversion and amplification of music files up to 192/24 via PC, and a 192/24-capable digital input to connect things like CD players and music streamers. Engineered to the highest standards by music lovers for music lovers, the DAC-HA300 is the class leader for pure high-fidelity sound on the go.
• Supports 192 kHz/24-bit Hi-Res Audio and 5.6 MHz DSD Playback via iOS Devices (Lightning USB Cable and HF Player App Required*1), Android Devices (On-the-Go Cable and HF Player App Required*2), and PC/Mac*3 (via Micro USB Type-B Input)
• Compatible with Most Major Hi-Res, Lossless, and Compressed Audio Formats Including WAV, MP3, AAC, WMA FLAC, DSF DFF (DSDIFF)*4
• Supports 192 kHz/24-bit Hi-Res Audio from Connected Media Players via Digital Optical/Coaxial Switching Input
• Inbuilt Hi-Res Music Player with Up to 128 GB microSD Card Storage*5
• Bright OLED Screen for Song Selection
• Sort by Artist, Album, Genre, or Playlist
• Favorites Function for Mobile Listening
• Premium TI Burr-Brown 192 kHz/32-bit PCMI795 DAC Enables Asynchronous D/A Conversion for PC, Mac, and Android with High-Precision Clock and Jitter-Reduction Technology
• MUSES8920 Op-Amp and Fully Discrete Low-Distortion Push-Pull Output Circuitry for Brilliantly Clear and Immersive Hi-Fi Sound Quality
• High Output Power with Selectable Two-Stage Gain to Drive 8-600 Ohm Headphones
• Recharging via Micro USB Type-B Connection and PC
• Up to Approx 7 Hours Battery Life When Digitally Connected to iOS Devices or with Playback via microSD Card
• Free HF Player App Includes 16,384-band Touch-Adjustable FIR Equalizer; Create and Save Your Own EQ Presets or Select from a Range Created by Famous Musicians
• ErP2-Compliant Auto Power-Saving Feature
• Easily Adjustable Volume Control Knob with Bump Protectors
• Compact, Durable, and Stylish Aluminum Body
• Includes Micro USB Type-B Input and Cable for Mac/PC Connection, DC Input to USB-A Charging Cable, RCA to Mini-Plug Cable for Coaxial Digital Connection, and Rubber Bands for Attachment to Portable Media Players
*1 Certified for iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Retina (4th Generation), iPadAir iPad mini iPad mini Retina, and iPod touch (5th Generation or later). Full HF Player app functionality for Hi-Res Audio is available when iOS device is connected via USB cable.
*2 Requires Android 4.1 or later. Full HF Player app functionality is available when Android device is connected via USB cable.
*3 Connection to computer via USB is supported by Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lionl0.8, and OS X Mavericks 10.9. Functionality with other operating systems is not guaranteed.
*4 Compatible formats: WAV (44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/ 192 kHz l6-bitt24-bit), MP3 (32/64/96/128/192/256/320 kbps), AAC (64-320 kbps), WMA (48-384 kbps), FLAC (44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz 16-bitt24-bit), DSF/DFF (2.8224 MHz [DSD]/5.6448 MHz [Double Rate DSD])
*5 A microSD card is not included.
Hi-Res Support for iOS and Android
To experience 192 kHz/24-bit Hi-Res Audio and native 5.6 MHz DSD playback via iPod touch®, iPhone®, iPad®, or Android, download our free HF Player app and connect the DAC-HA300 to your iOS device via a Lightning cable or Android mobile using an On-the-Go cable. As well as enabling Hi-Res Audio via direct-digital output when your device is connected via USB, the app includes 16,384 bands of touch-adjustable equalization so you can create and save EQ levels to suit different kinds of music. You can also add songs to Favorites and enjoy easy navigation of your device’s music library.
Free Access to HD Player Pack Upgrade for iOS and Android
When you connect your iOS/Android device to the DAC-HA300 via USB cable, you automatically receive free access to HD Player Pack for as long as you remain connected. Normally an optional in-app purchase, HD Player Pack allows you to load Hi-Res Audio files onto your device and output them to the DAC-HA300 at their native resolution, while a HD Equalizer and the ability to create and save playlists for Hi-Res music are also enabled.
Class-leading Hi-Fi Amplification
Onkyo has more than 65 years’ experience crafting some of the best-sounding audio equipment in the world.That heritage is clear the moment you plug your headphones into the DAC-HA300. Where similar products use an inexpensive integrated circuit to amplify incoming signals, Onkyo instead handpicked the legendary MUSES8920 operational amplifier—a discrete component that uses high-quality materials and an optimized circuit layout to achieve remarkably clear, open, and realistic audio reproduction.The op-amp is married to a fully discrete push-pull output stage that gives the DAC-HA300 its exceptionally high driving power and low-distortion performance.
Premium Digital-to-Analog Conversion Technology
The DAC-HA300 features theTI Burr-Brown PCM 1795 Stereo DAC commonly used in high-end audio equipment thanks to its low out-of-band noise performance and high resistance to jitter Connect the DAC-HA300 to your external media player via USB or the switching optical/coaxial line input and the PCMI795 takes over D/A conversion, resulting in drastically improved audio performance. When connected to your PC or Android device, D/A conversion is performed asynchronously, meaning that the DAC-HA300 takes over clocking (signal timing), opening out the soundstage, improving transient response, and uncovering layers of previously hidden detail.
Selectable Gain for High-Impedance Headphones
This high-quality headphone amplifier has power to drive any of the headphones in your collection. A two-stage gain switch allows you to select the appropriate amount of gain needed for low-impedance lEMs when you’re out and about, while boosting power for full-sized headphones when you’re at home or the office. Thanks to its high output, you’ll never be wishing for that bit of extra volume again.
Combined Digital and Analog Line Input
A single line input handles both coaxial/optical digital and analog signals from connected devices. Digital-to-analog conversion is also performed by the DAC-HA300 when connected to media players with a digital output at a maximum I 92 kHz/24-bit resolution.This is handy for connecting digital components like CD streamers or for analog tape decks and compatible record players.
USB-Charging Lithium-ion Battery
The lithium-ion battery inside the DAC-HA300 returns up to 7 hours of playtime with iOS devices, making it one of the longer-lasting DAC/amps on the market. Connect to a PC via USB to recharge or use the supplied DC to USB cable for rapid battery replenishment.
Tough, Compact, and Stylish
Although it’s very small and lightweight, the DAC-HA300 boasts a tough and strong aluminum body. It’s easy to use when you’re on the move with a large knurled volume control knob, positive-action buttons and switches, and easy-to-read OLED screen. A fully self-contained portable Hi-Res Audio player, you can slip in your back pocket and take premium sound quality wherever you go, or connect it to your phone via USB and stow it into your satchel while you listen and use other applications.