NEO X8-H Plus Android TV Box
The NEO X8-H Plus transforms any conventional TV or LCD monitor with a HDMI™connection into a SMART TV / SMART PC. Fully equipped with Android™4.4 OS (KitKat) the NEO X8-H Plus brings the complete Android experience to the big screen; offering web browsing, XBMC, 4K2K UHD video playback. Full 1080p HD streaming, Internet radio, gaming and much more.
XBMC MINIX Edition comes pre-installed on the NEO X8-H Plus, with full hardware decoding support. This exclusive edition delivers the optimum XBMC experience on Android™
Quad Core Media Hub for Android™
- Processor Quad-Core Cortex A9r4 Processor
- CPU Octo-Core Mali-450 GPU
- System Memory 2GB DDR3
- Storage 16GB eMMC – SD/MMC Card Reader
- OS Android™ 4.4 OS (KitKat)
- Connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
- Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0 External Antenna Antenna
- USB 3 x USB 2.0 Ports, 1 x Micro-USB OTG porl
- Video Output HDMI™ 1.4, up to 4K @ 30f ps
- Audio Output Via HDMI™ 1.4,3.5mm stereo jack, optical SPDIF
- Supported Video Format DAT/MPEG/MPE/MPG/TS/TP/VOB/ISO/AVI/MP4/MOV/3GP/FLV/MKV/M2TS/MTS/M4V/WMV/ASF/RM/RMVB
- Supported Audio Format DD/DD+/MP2/MP3/WMA/WAV/OGG/OGA/FLAC/ALAC/APE/AAC Misc. IR Remote Control
- Dimensions 128x128x20mm
IR Receiver – Use with the included MINIX IR-Remote to control the NEO X8-H Plus.
Power LED – The LED glows blue when the NEO X8-H Plus is on.
Power button – To power on the NEO X8-H Plus, press and hold the power button for 1 -2 seconds until the power LED glows. To power off the NEO X8-H Plus, press and hold the power button and the display will prompt out the power off options, select OK to confirm your choice. Alternatively, hold the power button for 8 seconds to force power off.
SD/MMC card slot – Increase the storage size or read files directly from a SD/MMC card, supports up to 64GB max.
Recovery button – The recovery button is to be used together with the OTG port when connecting to a PC for service/manual upgrade purposes.
Earphone Jack – Connect to an external audio output device such as earphones etc…
Microphone Jack – Connect to a microphone for voice input.
Ethernet Jack – Connect the Ethernet cable for internet access. If you need advanced settings such as VPN, go into the settings page at: “Settings” > “More…”. While connected with the Ethernet cable, the NEO X8-H Plus can be used as a router and also a Wi-Fi hotspot; if you need to use the Wi-Fi hotspot feature, please make sure that the Wi-Fi feature is OFF before you enable the Wi-Fi hotspot service at: “Settings” > “More”.
DC SV Power-in Jack – Connect the 5V power adapter supplied in the package to this port. The NEO X8-H Plus requires less than 1A to operate, however the included power adapter provides 3A, in consideration that you may require extra to connect other power-drawing external devices such as an external hard drive.
USB 2.0 Ports – Connect an external USB device to the NEO X8-H Plus, such as USB flash drive, reciever of wireless keyboard and mouse, USB wired mouse, receiver of wireless headset, MINIX branded air-mouse / gyro-mouse etc…
HDMI port – Connect the NEO X8-H Plus to the HDMI port of a high-definition TV or PC monitor using an HDMI cable.
Optical Audio Port – Connect to the optical audio input of an external sound processing unit, such as an amplifier.
OTG Port – Connect the micro end of the Micro-USB cable to this port and the other end to the computer for synchronization and manual upgrade purposes. This port also serves as an extra USB port while using with the Micro-USB OTG cable bundled in the package.
Different Control Methods – You may control the NEO X8-H Plus with the following input devices:
1. ) Remote Control App. for Android smartphones and tablets, more information can be found at www.minix.com.hk
2. ) Wired mouse;
3. ) 2.4GHz USB wireless mouse and keyboard set;
4. ) 2.4GHz USB air-mouse / gyro-mouse (MINIX branded mouses sold separately).
5. ) MINIX IR-Remote (included).
Using the MINIX IR-Remote – Use the MINIX IR-Remote to control the NEO X8-H Plus settings and navigate your content. Make sure there are no obstructions between the MINIX IR-Remote and the NEO X8-H Plus.
What you need:
High-Definition TV or PC monitor – That can display 720p, 1080p or 4K video with at least one HDMI input.
HDMI Cable – To connect the NEO X8-H Plus to your TV (HDMI cable included).
Wireless Network – A wired network cable or an 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi wireless network, your wireless network name and password.
Software and accounts – To play content (videos, photos, music) from a smartphone or PC on the NEO X8-H Plus you will need:
– A UPnP/DLNA software pre-loaded on your smartphone or PC.
– A Google account to sign-in to Google Play Store to download the corresponding applications (e.g. iMediaShare, eHomeMediacenter) neccessary for streaming the content from a smartphone or PC.
– Other accounts may be required for full acccess to some internet contents.
The MINIX NEO X8-H Plus connects to your TV or PC monitor through an HDMI port that delivers both audio and video. Before you setup the NEO X8-H Plus, look at the ports on the side/back of your TV or PC monitor to ensure you have the right cable:
– HDMI cable: You can connect the NEO X8-H Plus to a HDTV or home theater receiver that has a HDMI port, using the HDMI cable for video and audio.
Step 1: Connecting the cable
1. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of your TV / PC monitor.
2. Connect the other end of the cable to the HDMI port of the NEO X8-H Plus.
Step 2: Connecting the power
– Connect the 5V power adapter supplied in the package to the relevant port. Press and hold the power button for 2-3 seconds to power on the NEO X8-H Plus, the blue power LED should then glow.
Step 3: Turn on your TV / PC monitor and select the input
– Simply turn on your TV or PC monitor and select the corresponding HDMI port connected to the NEO X8-H Plus.
You may choose the desired system language by following these steps: Launcher Home Screen > Settings > Language & Input > Language
The default language is English, you may choose your desired language and confirm.
Time Zone Setup
You should adjust the time zone according to your current location by the following steps:
Launcher Home Screen > Settings > Date & Time > Select Time Zone
Choose your time zone and confirm.
Wi-Fi Setup (basic)
To connect to your wireless network follow these steps: Launcher Home Screen > Settings > WI-FI > Check the option “To see available networks turn Wi-Fi on”
Wi-Fi will turn on and automatically scan the wireless networks available, then select the wireless network that you wish to connect to and confirm, key-in the password of the Wi-Fi network when the virtual keyboard prompts, finally hit the “Connect” button.
Google Play Store
Sign-in to your Google Account.
Launch the Google Play Store by the following steps:
Launcher Home Screen > Google Play Store, select and confirm.
To use the Google Play Store you will need a Google Account. If you already have a Google Account, select “Sign in” and login with your Google Account. If you don’t have a Google Account yet, select “Get a Google Account” and complete the rest of the process.
Upon completion of the sign-in process you will be brought to the Google Play Store, allowing you to download and install the applications you want. Alternatively, if you cannot find the application you need on the Google Play Store because of language restriction, location restriction or other reasons; you may look for and download the application files in the form of “.apk” from the internet and install them through the “Apklnstaller”, which is pre-loaded in the system.
XBMC is a media player that allows users to play and view most videos, music, such as podcasts from the internet, and all common digital media files from local and network storage media.
The NEO X8-H Plus comes pre-installed with XBMC MINIX Edition, with full hardware decoding support. This exclusive edition delivers the optimum XBMC experience on Android.
For more information and instructions regarding setup please visit: www.wiki.xbmc.org
Description of Device
Media hub for Android
Model: NEO X8H Plus
Frequency Range : 2.402-2.480GHz Channel Number : 79; 40 for BT V4.0
Channel frequency :
- 2402.00-2480.00MHz (Channel Frequency=2402+1(K-1), K=1, 2, 3 ……79);
- 2402.00-2480.00MHz (Channel Frequency=2402+2(K-1), K=1, 2, 3 ……40)
Channel Spacing : 1MHz; 2MHz for BT V4.0
Modulation Type : GFSK(1Mbps), n/4-DQPSK(2Mbps) , 8-DPSK(3Mbps)
Bluetooth Version : V3.0+V4.0
Antenna Gain : Dipole antenna, 5.0dBi(Max.)
Input Voltage : DC 5V, 2A