Network CD Receiver
This is the best high-fidelity CD Receiver we’ve ever made. Almost all of the premium technology featured in our Reference components has found its way inside the thick metal chassis to bring network Hi-Res PCM and double-rate DSD to your listening space. Everything is premium spec, from discrete three-stage amp circuitry to the top-shelf 768 kHz/32-bit D/A converter with VLSC™ pulse-noise removal. The huge capacitors, heavy-duty transformer, and symmetrical amp layout effortlessly power your choice of bookshelf speakers.
We pair discrete headphone amplifier circuitry that will drive 600-ohm cans with DIDRC technology to erase high-frequency clock noise. So this receiver is perfect for your desktop as well. Hi-Res is zero hassle. The CR-N765 will handle anything from gapless 192 kHz/24-bit FLAC to native 5.6 MHz DSD seamlessly—just browse to your albums using our remote app or stream from online services or your phone directly. An iPod/iPhone-certified terminal supports most formats on USB flash drives; there’s FM/AM radio and a front-loading CD player. Whatever your source … get ready to hear it as it should be heard.
Smoothly decoding Hi-Res PCM and Double DSD (as well as other digital sources) is the flagship AK4490 VERITA 768 kHz/32-bit stereo D/A converter. As well as reducing audio degradation, the device boasts outstanding THD+N performance and an impressively wide dynamic range. The DAC works in harmony with Onkyo’s VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry), a system that reduces high-frequency pulse noise generated by the clocking signal. Together, these D/A conversion technologies produce brilliantly clear and detailed sound from any digital source.
VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry)
Virtually removes digital pulse noise for a smooth analog signal.
Conventional D/A conversion methods reduce digital pulse noise at the conversion stage but can’t remove it completely. VLSC employs a unique D/A conversion circuit to overcome this problem. Data is converted between sampling points and these points are joined with analog vectors in real time to produce a smooth output wave form. The result—a virtually noiseless, smooth, analog signal based on the digital source that brings out even the most subtle of nuances in music sources (including DVD-Audio and Super Audio CD), DVD Video sources (including high-definition), broadcasts, digital music files such as MP3s, and gaming content.
WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
WRAT is based around a low negative-feedback circuit topology that works to reduce signal noise and distortion across the frequency range. A “closed ground-loop circuit” design is employed, in which each circuit has a separate link to the power supply. This helps to cancel individual circuit noise and keep the ground potential free of distortion. High Instantaneous Current Capability (HICC) enables WRAT amplifiers to immediately cancel the speakers’ reflex energy and instantaneously send out the next signal. The same high current better manages speaker impedance fluctuations, which can negatively affect performance.
CR-N765 Network CD Receiver
- Plays Audio CD, CD-R, and CD-RW*1
- Play 192 kHz/24-bit Hi-Res PCM Audio, DSD 2.8/5.6 MHz, Lossless, and Compressed Formats via DLNA with Remote App*2 Control
- Gapless Playback of FLAC, WAV, and ALAC Audio Formats
- Stream Music Stored on Mobile via Onkyo Remote App*2
- Supports Spotify Connect Streaming Service via Spotify App
- Internet Radio and Music Streaming via Remote App*2 (Spotify, TuneIn Radio, Deezer, AUPEO!)*3
- Supports Optional Wireless LAN Adapter (UWF-1) and Bluetooth USB Adapter (UBT-1)
- Plays MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless, LPCM, DSD 2.8/5.6 MHz via Network and USB
- Premium 768 kHz/32-bit VERITA AK4490 Stereo DAC for Hi-Res Audio Decoding
- VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) to Reduce High-Frequency Pulse Noise
- Advanced Music Optimizer to Enhance Compressed Digital Formats
- Discrete Headphone Amplifier with 150 + 150 mW (THD+N 0.4%, 33 Ohms) Output for 16–600 Ohm Headphones
- Headphone Amplifier Features DIDRC (Dynamic Intermodulation Distortion Reduction Circuitry) for Clear, Low-Distortion Sound
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
- Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry Amplification with Discrete Output Stage
- Symmetrical Power Amplifier Circuit Design to Minimize Interference
- Short Signal Paths Between Amplifier and Power Supply
- Two Audio-Grade 4,700 µF Capacitors for Instantaneous Power Delivery
- Phase-Matching Bass Boost
- Quality Tone Control Circuits (Bass/Treble)
- Dedicated Transformer for Standby Mode
- Front-Panel USB Port for iPod/iPhone or USB Flash Drives
- Digital Audio Inputs (Optical and Coaxial)
- 3 Analog Audio Inputs and 1 Output
- Subwoofer Pre-Out
- Transparent, Gold-Plated Speaker Posts
- 1.2 mm Thick Solid Metal Chassis
- Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- 40 Preset FM/AM Stations
- Full-Size Remote Control
*1 Discs should be properly finalized.
*2 Compatible with iPod touch (3rd generation or later) and iPhone 3GS or later. (All models require iOS 4.2 or later.) Android devices require Android 2.1 or later.
*3 Availability of services depends on region. Services advertised are accurate at the time of publication, but may be subject to change without notice.
- Power Output: 22 W + 22 W (4 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.4%, 2 Channels, Driven, IEC)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz–100 kHz/+3 dB, -3 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB (Line, IHF-A)
- THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise): 0.4% (1 kHz, 1 W)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 215 x 119 x 331 mm
- Weight: 5.0 kg
Download Manual English